Monday, March 12, 2012

Weeks 9-11 Brazil

I wish I had gotten around to blogging about this earlier as we had a ton of fun learning about Brazil. Here is a photo of our favorite project.

We also had a blast making this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baklava/ I forgot to take photos that day though :( It was super yummy!

We read these books and some more I can't remember.
Nate Saint On a Wing and a Prayer (Christian Heroes: Then & Now) (Christian Heroes, Then & Now)

Jungle Drum
Welcome to the Green House

Rainforest Animals (Ladders)

We used this book for art and science notebooking.
The kids did some really creative notebooking pages about the rainforest. Here is a photo of two of my favorites. The first is Pollywog's and the second is Doodlebug's.

Pollywog's says
We get medicine from the rain forest.

Doodlebug's says
Do you know the delishous gum you chew? All the good flavorse you have tried? All that gum is from the jungle. 

I chose not to correct spelling because he was so proud of his creativity. So we just added those words on our spelling lesson the next week.

I can't remember everything we did these weeks as I wasn't taking as many photos then and hadn't started this blog yet.
Hope you've enjoyed seeing the highlights of our travels to Brazil! Stay tuned for Europe in the weeks to come. Norway, France, Germany, and Italy will be very exciting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment